Thursday, January 13, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
This morning I was reading the Parable of the Growing Seed from Mark 4 and began to wonder about the stages of seed germination and growth. I've been thinking about incorporating images of sprouting seeds in a piece that I started over two years ago. So, I busted out my encyclopedia and searched for images of....just kidding! I googled it. Technology is weird but sometimes wonderful. Who needs patience anyway right?
Anyhow, I looked up images and found the work of an artist named Michael Yankowski. He works in wood and other materials and from what I can tell he's based in Louisiana. He has several wonderful pieces that reference scripture and I thought you might like to check them out. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to just go ahead and post his site on here but google his name and take a look at them. I think they're a wonderful articulation of the Word.
I also sent him and e-mail asking for more information on his overall influence by the Word. We'll see what he says! Have a wonderful day friends! Happy viewing! Lisa><>

2 comments:

drh said...

You busted out your encyclopedia. Nice.

R Leit said...

So cool Lis Lis!!!

I love you by the way :)